How to apply
Application for the 2018/19 cohort has been closed. Information regarding the 2019/20 intake shall be released in the Summer of 2019.
Applications are open to F.4 and F.5 students. Interested students may apply through one of the following two streams:
- School nomination (with teacher recommendation form)
- Self-nomination (without teacher recommendation form)
Students may submit their applications along with supporting documents by one of the following ways:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2018 Boundless Application – Name of the Applicant”
- Fax to 2720 7997
- Mail to YMCA of Hong Kong Cheung Sha Wan Centre, G&1/F, Hang Ning Court, 259-263 Shun Ning Road, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon with “2018 Boundless Application” on the cover
For more programme information, please take a look at our leaflet and poster. If you have any enquiries, please e-mail email@example.com or contact Ms. Candy Tsang / Mr. Josiah Huen / Mr. Niklas Lam from YMCA of Hong Kong at 2708 8995.
What happens after you have submitted an application
Applicants who fulfil our selection criteria will be informed individually, and interviews will take place in mid to late November. We aim to interview at least 80% of applicants to ensure that students with potential are given adequate consideration.
In the screening process, we would look at both student’s academic and non-academic achievements, as well as their short personal statements outlining their aspirations.
Applicants will be assessed on a holistic basis whereby a number of areas will be taken to account: academic performance, non-academic achievements, interview performance, commitment and enthusiasm exhibited, and the financial need and background of the applicant. Students with teachers’ recommendation will be given higher priority in the application process, but a number of factors will also be taken into account as mentioned above.
Due to the limited intake of our programme, each school is suggested to recommend a maximum of 5 students. Other students are encouraged to apply through self-nomination. We hope that schools will recommend students with the highest potential, as we are looking for students with a high potential yet constrained by their limited resources and financial background.
We would prioritize students coming from an under-resourced background to apply. Students who fit ANY ONE of these categories will be prioritized:
- Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) (綜援)
- Low-income Working Family Allowance (低收入在職家庭津貼)
- Half Grant/ Full Grant Textbook Assistance (書簿津貼)
- Travel Subsidy (車船津貼)
- Family income at or below 75% of the Median Family Income*
*The cut-off line will be set at 75% of the median family income adjusted quarterly by the Social Welfare Department. As of the second quarter of 2018, the cut-off line will be as follows:
|Household Members||Median Family Income||75% of Median Family Income|
|6 or above||56,800||42,600|